An anonymous commentor has asked when I'll address IBL pitching. Please read the exchange between us, which touches a bit on IBL pitchers and how to assess them.
In response, I thought I should let you know what I'm planning to cover in the future, time permitting. Let me know if I'm missing anything of interest, or if you have any other comments about the agenda. Or if you'd like me to focus on one topic before another - these are in no particular order.
- Finish the batting production leaders charts: runs created per plate appearance, park-adjusted figures.
- Calculation of score rates per runner type and estimation of runs created based on them.
- Leaders in net runs created and lost due to base stealing.
- Looking at frequency of taking the extra base on hits.
- Charts of leaders by various raw pitching stats.
- Thoughts about how to evaluate pitchers with so few starts and such unbalanced schedules.
- Actual assessments of pitcher value, including DIPS (defense-independent pitching stats).
- What do we really know about it in the IBL?
- The splits: Breaking down team stats by field, opposing team, day of week, week of season, inning, etc.
- Compilation of IBL run expectancy charts by outs and baserunner situation.
- A look at reported attendance figures.
Can't promise how long it will take me to get to any of this... I do have other things to do with my life, believe it or not!